1. Any artist (professional or not) from around the world can participate, as long as he
or she is over 18 years of age.
2. Submissions must be completely original and unedited. They must not be
participating in a similar contest or event simultaneously.
3. The question to develop is:
If you came from another planet, what would you ask Humanity?
The contest attempts to discover what you would answer to this question with a
caricature/cartoon, you can add short texts to the artwork and they must be written in Spanish or English. You must represent the question very clear, either by implying within the artwork or as the title thereof.
*The organization is within rights to cancel submissions that prove offensive.
4. Contestants can submit up to 3 works (authors who submit more than 3 will be
5. Any technique is accepted (digital or hand made, color or black and white).
6. Works should not be bigger than 21 cm x 29 cm or in proportional size, with a resolution of no less than 300 dpi.
7. Contestants will add a document where the following will be specified:
Full author name and pseudonym
Author picture or caricature
Title of each submission
Is it the first time you participate?
Brief biography (Curriculum)
8. Contestants will sign a certificate, which will be sent in a sealed envelope, or in case
of being sent by email, signature must be scanned.
I, (author name)certify being the author of:If you came from another planet, what
would you ask Humanity? Which I submit to the La Ciudad de las Ideas Contest. I,
(author name), accept the contest rules by the mere fact of having submitted this
work, and its use for any pertinent means by Poder Cívico A.C. Signature
9. Works and envelopes with author data will be sent to the following address:
2nd International Caricature/Cartoon Contest
Reforma 222, Piso 12 Col. Juarez
C.P. 06600 Mexico D.F.
Email submissions at:
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org forwarded to
10. Selected works will be shown in the city of Puebla, Mexico on November 11, 12 and
13 2010, and will be posted on the blog created towards this goal: http://cartonistciudaddelasideas.
blogspot.com/ and at the official La Ciudad de las Ideas webpage
11. Contest is valid from May 17th till September 10th, 2010. Works submitted by email
must be within these dates in their registry.
12. Contest results will be made known at http://www.ciudaddelasideas.com. Winners will
be notified by email. Ignore any information emails if they are not within the
13. The jury will be selected by Poder Civico and will be qualified to solve any situation
related with the contest that doesn’t meet the requirements. The award will be
declared null if the jury decides that none of the works submitted meet quality
standards, which will be unappealable. Jury members will be kept secret until results
14. Submissions that do not win will be able to get picked up at the Poder Civico offices
three months after results are published, works that are not picked up will be made
available by Martha Barragan Méndez for any return that could be required after the
date established by Poder Civico.
First Place: A full expenses paid trip to the city of Puebla, Mexico, to attend the La Ciudad de las Ideas Festival and a diploma. Second Place: A full expenses paid trip to the city of Puebla, Mexico, to attend the La Ciudad de las Ideas Festival and a diploma. Third Place: A full expenses paid trip to the city of Puebla, Mexico, to attend the La Ciudad de las Ideas Festival and a diploma. Two Honorable Mentions: Each will be awarded a diploma that will be sent a few days after the festival.
Note: Awards will not be able to be made in cash, nor be transferable to anyone else.