The Rotary Cartoon Awards are sponsored by the Rotary Club of Coffs Harbour City to raise funds for various Rotary charities and to promote cartooning through the Bunker Cartoon Gallery. All entries will be donated to the Rotary Club of Coffs Harbour City for exhibitions at the Bunker Cartoon Gallery and other galleries in Australia. They will become part of the Coffs Cartoon Collection. The cartoons may be exhibited and reproduced in a catalogue or similar, onto post cards and copied, at the Rotary Club’s discretion, any time in the future, for sale through the Bunker Cartoon Gallery. The First and Merit winners in all categories also receive a medallion.
Open to cartoonists worldwide, over 18 years of age.
Closing date for entries, 1 August 2009.
Special 2009 Theme: GLOBAL FINANCIAL CRISIS
1st: $750 Merit: $250.
CARTOON OF THE YEAR
One cartoon will be selected from all categories (National and International sections). This prize which includes the category prize will be $3000 and a special Winner’s Plaque.
The Award Presentation will be held on Saturday 5th September 2009 at The Bunker Cartoon Gallery, Coffs Harbour. The Rotary Cartoon Awards 2009 are conducted in association with the Australia Cartoonists' Association and the Federation of Cartoonists Organisations.
CLOSING DATE: 1 August 2009.
Send entries to:
The Secretary, Rotary Cartoon Awards Bunker Cartoon Gallery PO Box 2474 Coffs Harbour NSW 2450 Australia
RULES & ENTRY CONDITIONS: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
1. The Rotary Cartoon Awards are open to anyone over the age of 18.
2. No captions are permitted in this section.
3. Identification of the subject must appear on reverse of the work, written in pencil, in the top left hand corner.
4. All cartoons submitted must be clearly labelled with the artist’s name, address, telephone number and e-mail address written on the reverse of the work, in pencil, beneath the subject’s name, in the top left hand corner. This makes for easy identification of subject and artist and does not mar the work for exhibition.
3. There are no restrictions on the number of entries submitted and entries may have been published or be unpublished.
5. Cartoons must be originals and may be either colour or black and white. Suggested size of cartoon entries is A4 (210 mm x 297 mm) but oversized entries will be accepted.
6. Please do not frame entries.
7. Entry to the awards will be taken as an agreement to accept the rules and entry conditions.
8. The cartoons may be exhibited and reproduced in a catalogue or similar, onto post cards and copied, at the Rotary Club’s discretion, any time in the future, for sale through the Bunker Cartoon Gallery.
9. The Rotary Club of Coffs Harbour City will appoint judges for the competition. Judges will not be eligible to enter the competition. Judge’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Winners of the 2009 competition will be announced on 5th September 2009. The Rotary Club of Coffs Harbour City will notify all winners.