1. Theme: "Sand, Pebble and Gravel"
2. The number of entries is limited until 5. They shall not have been exhibited or published before. Works must be originals and any kind of graphical technique will be accepted, including digital artwork if they are originally signed and if the print is number one (manual numbered).
3. The works have to be sent to the following address:
EURO-KARTOENALE, WAREGEMSESTEENWEG 113, B-9770 KRUISHOUTEM - BELGIUM
Our website will inform you if your works have arrived. The list of participants will regularly be updated.
4. The drawings shall have the following dimensions: 210 x 297 mm (A4) - (8.268 x 11.693 inches). The works shall not be provided by a passe-partout, neither be stuck on to a larger paper. The drawing must bear, on the reverse side, the surname, forename and address of the participant. The drawings shall not bear subtitles.
5. By virtue of their participation, the participants authorize the organizers to publish some of their works that they have received (in the catalogue and for the promotion of the exhibition).
6. The following prizes are foreseen:
1st prize: Euro 1.600 + trophy
2nd prize: Euro 1.400 + trophy
3rd prize: Euro 1.200 + trophy
Prize of the ECC: personal exhibition in the ECC
Prize of the EU: Euro 750
Best Belgian Cartoon: Euro 350
7. By participating the participant lends his works to the organizers for exhibitions. The works received will remain at the disposal of the organizers until 01.11.2010.
8. The entries will only be sent back by the organizers on receiving a written request. The awarded works will become the property of the organizers.
9. If after announcement of the prizes, it appears that plagiarism has been committed, the jury can after deliberation withdraw the prize.
10. DEADLINE : 2009 February 15
Exhibition: during the Eastern Weekend and each Sunday from the 19th of April till the 21th of June 2009 ?European Cartoon Center Kruishoutem.
Opening of the exhibition: Saturday 11th of April 2009.
NOTE CONCERNING THE CATALOGUE
In order to receive the free catalogue, please attach six (6) coupons "international reply" to cover the postage. These coupons are available in your local post office.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE THEME
The organisation wants to award a prize to cartoons on the theme "sand, pebble and gravel" (industrial materials, extraction and application). Cartoons on the theme beach, deserts,... are not under consideration for a prize. You can find some more information or inspiration on the site www.groupdecloedt.be